MUFF TO x Wayne's World
#MUFFxTO - Wayne's World (November 18)
Richelle here, checking in!
This past November 18th was our presentation of Penelope Spheeris' cinematic masterpiece Wayne's World, and it was an absolute blast. Not only had it been a couple of years since I last watched this hilarious film on a big screen, it made me laugh and smile even more to hear my co-producer Lisa giggle into her hands five minutes before each big gag, because she's seen Wayne's World a record breaking amount of times. Her and I dressed up as Wayne and Garth (apologies if anyone hugged me or was anywhere near me because I was sweating up a storm in that polyester nightmare of a wig), which we had from our promotion video to honour our amazing sponsors. Honestly, the costumes were just too ridiculous and funny to only wear one time for that video.
As per usual with a MUFF event, we had a bonkers amount of great prizes for our audience members which were raffled off, the individual packages were:
1) A gorgeous scarf and necklace from Coal Miner's Daughter. (Us MUFF gals routinely eyeball everything from CMD and die a little that we don't get those cute clothes.)
2) A little reading material with some comic books from The Beguiling to fit the tone of the movie, which they so masterfully do every month.
3) A gift bag from The Candy Bar, including lots of yummy candy and a gift certificate to their shop.
4) A $50 gift card from Dead Dog Records and a Wayne's World soundtrack cassette from MUFF.
5) The "product placement prize pack" from The MUFF Society which included a bag of Doritios, a can of Pepsi, a $25 gift certificate to Pizza Hut, a $10 gift certificate to SportCheck (to buy Reebok, obviously), and some Advil (sorry, we couldn't get our hands on Nuprin).
As well as all of this, our first four winners randomly won tickets to either Mad Max: Fury Road, Resident Evil (both part of TIFF's Beyond Badass: Female Action Heroes series), or Blood In The Snow Canadian Film Festival's opening night (we're the community sponsor for Farhope Tower!).
We also had TONS of photobooth props, including Wayne and Garth masks, a Delaware sign (which still makes me giggle several days later... I don't know why I didn't take it home and put it on my fridge, really), a bunch of speech bubble quotes, a bitchin' cardboard guitar and a top ten board of why MUFF is excellent. And as if all that wasn't fantastic enough, the precious baby angels that the Carlton are created another signature MUFFtail, "The Garth", which was blue slush and vodka with a licorice garnish. PARTY ON, INDEED!
A big thank you to our MUFF Friends & sponsors of this event, who have provided us with a home, support, or amazing prizes for our attendees: Carlton Cinema, The Beguiling, The Candy Bar, Cinefilles, Coal Miner's Daughter, Dead Dog Records, and the TIFF Beyond Badass: Female Action Heroes series.
Toronto, we'll see you next month for our very special birthday presentation of Ghost World on December 16th! Get ready to hear the Scarlett Johansson 'boner' quote at least 70 million times.