MUFF TO x American Psycho
MUFF TO x American Psycho (February 17)
So, in case you haven't heard, February is Women in Horror month. We decided that the way we wanted to celebrate this year was by screening Mary Harron's cocaine fuelled nightmare American Psycho because: 1) that movie is absolutely bonkers-crazy and we love bonkers-crazy, 2) it is a super bitingly satirical take on yuppie culture, which is awesome, and 3) our fellow MUFFian Andrea loves that movie and who can say no to this face?
The MUFFtail this month was called Yuppie Scum, and it was made of cranberry juice, apple juice and vodka - and guys, kudos to the Carlton staff for once again making a dangerously tasty cocktail.
We had plenty of props for photos as we always do, including some choice weapon options, as well as some seriously dark and hilarious quotes from the movie. I, myself, immediately decided that this had to be my new Facebook profile photo:
Check out a bunch of other weapon-equipped cuties:
We gave out our very own American Psycho valentines to everyone as they came into the cinema, which I found a great deal of joy in. I should really start giving out valentines every year, especially ones as cool as these:
We always have a crazy amount of prizes, so this month we decided to have a little Bateman inspired relay race, where three people had to dress in a suit and tie, make a flawless business card, go to the "CD store" (which was Andrea by the cinema door) and come back to make a reservation at Dorsia.
Our contestants are seen below signing a legal form... SEXY!
Our prizes were totally insane and I wanted all of them, like I do every month:
1. Women-directed horror blu-rays donated by MUFF: American Mary, Pet Sematary, and The Babadook
2. Women-created books (Hotwire Comix #2, an anthology with several female writers and artists; Coffin Hill Vol. 1, by Caitlin Kittredge and Iñaki Miranda; and 14 Nights Vol. 1 by Kristina Stipetic) from The Beguiling
3. Gift bag of 3 accessories from Coal Miners Daughter
4. 2 tickets to Carlton Midnight Society's screening of VIVA, courtesy of Carlton Cinema
5. Rental vouchers from Queen Video (don't forget to return those videotapes)
6. A THREE hour axe throwing session for six people worth $270 from BATL Toronto
7. So much candy and gift certificates from Candy Bar
8. An amazing t-Shirt from us, that we all desperately want. Here's where you can get one of your own: http://www.redbubble.com/.../18613722-youre-such-a-grinch/