#MUFFListed: Mindy Kaling's 10 Step Program to Getting Over Your Cancelled TV Show
[Editor's Note: we really love lists and we were all, "Why don't we have lists on the blog?" Exactly. So here is the first, of hopefully many, #MUFFListed. Enjoy, boners.]
Mindy Kaling's 10 Step Program to Getting Over Your Cancelled TV Show
A couple weeks ago, Fox made the horrible decision to not renew Mindy Kaling's amazing show, The Mindy Project. Fans of the show freaked the eff out! Not Mindy though. She knew everything was going to be juuuuuust fine. Let's take a look at some of her Instagram posts from the last two weeks and take notes for if we ever find ourselves in a similar situation.
1. Go camping with some friends and act like your TV show being cancelled doesn't bother you one bit.
2. Make s'mores!
Please note that for at least 2 of the s'mores, a peanut butter cup was used as the chocolate. We get it, Mindy! You're a genius. You don't have to rub our noses in it.
3. If there are rumours that someone else wants to save your show, make a cheeky graphic that tells everyone to sit tight. Good news is coming.
4. Drink fancy cocktails served in pineapples. I did this in Montreal last year and can confirm its effectiveness.
5. Tell your 1.5 million Instagram followers about a comic book that's being made to help educate children about gender-based sexual violence and gender equality. (G'damn you're awesome!)
❤️❤️❤️#Repost @therealhannahsimone ・・・ PRIYA'S SHAKTI is an innovative comic book perfectly designed for children and teenagers to learn about gender-based sexual violence and gender equality. The comic book centers on a female rape survivor as its "super hero" and has been launched to focus attention on the problem of sexual violence in India. #comicscreatingsocialchange #istandwithpriya
6. Announce that Hulu wants to make your show. #FoxWho?
7. Fly to France and hang out with Amy Poehler. You're both voices in the new Pixar film that's premiering at the Cannes Film Festival. I guess you can let the director of Toy Story be in the same room so long as he keeps his distance.
8. Show the Cannes red carpet what's what!! Hopefully next time you have a film at the festival though, you'll have the option of wearing flats instead of heels if you want to.
9. Spend some time staring deep into Melanie Laurent's eyes while she speaks to you with her French accent. You deserve it!
10. Get a good night's sleep; it's been a busy couple weeks. (Natalie Portman optional.)
JEFF WRIGHT is a film programmer in Toronto who is terrible at writing bios for himself.
Want to see YOUR work on the MUFF Blog? Check out our submission guidelines and get at us!